18 months – 2.5 years
- 10 children
- Ratio: 1 Educator per 5 children
- Program Educators: 2 Registered Early Childhood Educations (RECEs), 1 Assistant
Young children between the ages of 18 months and 2.5 years are like sponges, constantly absorbing knowledge from their environment. This is an incredibly fertile period of cognitive development and many studies show that daycare for Toddlers is highly beneficial. At Learning Garden Childcare, we provide a stimulating educational experience in addition to a warm and nurturing environment. Our Toddlers participate in a variety of daily activities which include group activities, music and movement, language and listening, sensory, and both indoor and outdoor play.
In our toddler room, we focus on:
- Fostering speech, language, and cognitive development
- Developing and strengthening fine and gross motor skills
- Imparting confidence, kindness, and cooperation
- Encouraging children to actively learn, using all their senses as they explore the world
The Toddler Educators have a positive relationship with families, and regularly communicate about programming, children’s needs, and any other important information. Toddler parents will receive daily update notifications about eating, rest period, and bowel movements.